When We Became Our Own Street Stories




I absolutely love street photography. I am confident enough to say I have a nose that senses things about to happen. I have an eye to see emotions as they unfold in distance. I may not always want to or able to capture them but I try to when I have a right gear in my hands and when time is also right. Just because I can capture a photo doesn't mean I should take every single shot. Sometimes, things are just there to participate in, to feel and to enjoy and to let go. You have to be good at judging which moments are to freeze and which are to let go.

I love capturing emotions as real as they can get. Candid poses that may become most memorable than planned ones. I try to do the same in my videos, which seems to be a reason my event videos connect to people.
Emotion before Motion.

I love this quote for documentary-style filmmaking it always works.

I haven't been doing much of the street photography lately due to not having the right camera with me when I am outside.

But the thrill of it rushed back when the other day, Zain (@ZainWain) and I went to Saddar in middle of another hot day in Karachi. The purpose was to get to a shop, buy a couple of things and head back to our cool comfort.


Only if things are ever that simple...

The quick shopping round turned into a long Photo Walk we both were not expecting. At least I was not or else I would go prepared.

We were among the characters of all kind. People, animals, streets, buildings, bricks and trees, in short, every corner has a unique expression and a different story. To many, we must have been the characters too I believe. The stories on the street made us forget the heat of that day, for a while.
Some of the pictures we captured under that steaming weather, I say it was Worth it. I needed it.

Despite loving Street Photography so much, I took very few shots since the current camera phone I carry outdoor is not good at taking pictures as fast as I want to. Zain, on the other hand, was having a blast with his Huawei P20 pro. Gorgeous machine and perfect for the occasion. Snappy great camera and beautiful color reproduction for both pictures and videos. Zain did several videos too you can watch on @zainwain.


When We Became Our Own Street Stories Reviewed by Munir Rahool on 7:17 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Munir Rahool © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.